It all begins with the eCommerce Strategy
Build a business, not a website.
Our philosophy is “Build a business, not a website”. An eCommerce website is a business first; the website is merely the commerce delivery channel. An effective ecommerce site begins by understanding and defining the business strategies, goals, and metrics for the site, and then constructing a website tailored to meet those site objectives.
Start with the 5 Ps: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
You would not build a house without an architect and a blueprint, and you should not build a website without a digital equivalent. If you want your digital ‘house’ to crumble, the surest way to ensure failure online and waste untold time and money is to skip proper planning and jump blindly into implementation.
- Weak or inconsistent branding
- Cart abandonment
- Bad User Experience and usability
- Poor navigation
- Slow performance
- Slow or limited site search
- Inability to make changes quickly
- Poor Performance with search engines
Achieve real Economic Benefits for Your Business
What will you gain through proper strategy and planning? A successful eCommerce business that delivers real economic value, including:
- Attracting New Customers: By planning and implementing a search-engine friendly architecture from the start, your eCommerce site gains relevant and targeted traffic.
- Increasing Sales: By streamlining the sales process and improving the shopping experience we increase the conversion rate and the average ticket price.
- Increasing Customer Loyalty and Retention: An enhanced, usable, and pleasing eCommerce experience generates greater user satisfaction and trust which translates into returning customers.
- Providing Superior Customer Service and Communications: Help your customers to communicate, engage and ultimately identify themselves with your business through eCommerce tools, user communities, online support, and by providing them with comprehensive and timely product information.
- Reducing Operating Costs and Increasing Efficiency: Reduce your customer acquisition, customer service and fulfillment costs by leveraging the website for client communications and process automation.
- Promoting Your Brand and Enhancing Your Brand Image: We ensure you display a consistent corporate identity online with a professional style guide. Moreover, our Online Marketing offerings promote your products to the right audience, resulting in enhanced Brand Recognition and demand.
- Preparing for Future Needs: With proper planning and a scalable architecture, your ecommerce site can accommodate additional requirements, features and functionality in the future.
Measure your Success
How will you know if your ecommerce site is successful at meeting your business needs? The key success metrics for eCommerce sites include:
- Traffic: The number of visitors that are coming to your site.
- Stickiness: The amount of time users spend on the site and the number of pages they view.
- Conversion: The percent of visitors who become customers and the size of the average sales ticket.
- Customer Retention: The number of customers who return to your site and the frequency of their purchases.
Implement our Holistic Methodology
A thorough understanding of your business goals alone is not enough to ensure a flawless execution that delivers results. While it takes only one mediocre designer or developer to ruin a website, it takes a highly skilled and professionally managed team to produce a successful eCommerce site, including:
- A Project Manager
- An eCommerce Business Analyst (to conduct the research, plan strategy, find out what your competitors are doing that may be worth mimicking, and find the “opportunities” that those competitors are not taking advantage of).
- A Search Engine Optimization Specialist (to ensure search-engine friendliness is incorporated into the site architecture).
- An Information Architect
- A User-Experience Specialist
- An Art Director (to create the design style guide and give directions to the designers)
- A Developer (for site development and technical specifications)
- A Quality Assurance Specialist
The Ecommerce Requirements Specification (ERS)
We approach your eCommerce site requirements by applying a proven, systematic methodology we call the eCommerce Requirement Specification (ERS). The ERS is a valuable, comprehensive, and flexible planning tool.
The complete ERS documentation provides any Design and Development team with the necessary blueprints and guidelines to implement and deliver an eCommerce site that generates real economic results and continuously exceeds your expectations.
Every eCommerce site wants to sell, but only a few are successful. VastVision consultants are experts at optimizing your online business to increase revenue, traffic, site engagement, conversion, and loyalty. Whether you are building a new online business from scratch, seeking to increase conversion and sales on your existing eCommerce website, or overhauling a content website, VastVision consulting team will provide you with the expert analysis and winning strategy you need.
VastVision consultants can help with any of the following scenarios:
- New RFPs and concepts for largely undefined projects
- Launching a new eCommerce or content site
- Improving an existing eCommerce or content site
Building a Successful Business for New Ecommerce Sites
Building a new eCommerce business from the ground up can be a daunting task. Where do you start? It starts with a site’s Business Strategy. Our team of consultants will produce a fully portable and comprehensive strategy and blueprint document called the eCommerce Requirements Specification (ERS) at the end of an intensive data collection and analysis process.
Briefly, the ERS starts with defining the business goals, target markets and success metrics; drafting comprehensive Requirements, including creative, functional, SEO, Search, Content and Technical Requirements; and lastly, creating a comprehensive visual blueprint and roadmap of the site through Information Architecture wireframes, sitemaps and process flows.
Analysis and Optimization of Existing Ecommerce Sites: the Solution to Low Conversion
If you already have an eCommerce site that is simply not meeting your conversion goals, our expert consultants will perform only the analyses relevant to your site and will propose a suite of targeted changes to improve SEO, engagement and sales.
A comprehensive Site Analysis might include a review of the following:
- Usability: What is the site’s user experience, its navigation, overall architecture, look and feel, readability, conversion and customer engagement metrics, calls to action, and its level of brand loyalty, trust and credibility? Are these performing as well as they might, and do they meet general standards of web usability?
- Performance Evaluation: How is your site performing overall? We audit your eCommerce security; your checkout process, your website, and landing page download time, and your site’s browser compatibility.
- Landing Page Optimization: In the Google era, every page is a Landing Page. Are your website entry pages optimized as stand-alone entry and exit points in terms of conversion rate, usability, navigation, and general performance? Does your “homepage” provide a compelling overview of your site? If not, we can help.
- Internet Marketing: Are you getting the traffic you need? We review your Paid Search Marketing (SEM), your Search Engine rankings with the goal of Organic Search Optimization, your Online Advertising and Marketing campaigns and PPC Campaign Management, and your content’s effectiveness in terms of SEO tagging and keywords.